As if….but they are a little more conscious of healthy eating habits. No white flour, no sugary peanut butter but they do have sugar and fat and eggs. These ones are made with whole wheat flour and have spices, and I sometimes grate about 1/2 cup of carrot into them. Kelly loves these cookies, I used to make them when we lived together and we figured these would be a good cookie for kids. I have served them to my nieces and nephew and they seem to like them a lot even though they lack chocolate chips.
a.k.a Another Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1+1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1+1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1+ 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut
- 1-1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tsp cardamon (or cinnamon if you don’t have any on hand)
- 1/2 tsp of allspice
- 1/2 tsp ginger( if you have it fresh grated ginger is good too)
- 1/2 cup of finely grated carrot (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F
In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter. Add the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla; mix well.
Combine oats,coconut and carrots, flour, baking soda, spices and salt; add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
Drop “healthy” teaspoonfuls onto non stick or lightly greased baking sheet. Flatten with fork. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until done.
Remember to let cookies rest on sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring them to cooling rack.