Thick and smooth, spiced butternut squash soup. Super easy one pot meal, perfect for winter days and shrinking waistlines. It’s vegan, easy to prepare and freezes well. Makes about four hearty servings possibly five.
Winter Squash Soup
- 1 small butternut squash ( about 3 cups)
- 2 apples
- 1 onion medium
- 1-1 1-/2 cups of baby carrots
- 3-4 good sized cloves of garlic
- 1 one inch square piece of ginger
- 1 900ml container of good veggie stock about 1 more cup of water to cover veggies
- 1 tsp turmeric for color
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp garam masala (you can find this in most grocery stores now or Indian grocery, if you can’t find it use an extra bay leaf and 1/2 tsp allspice)
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp cumin
Wash, peel and chop all veggies and fruit in about 1-2 inch chunks.
Add all ingredient sin a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Cook about 20-30 minutes until vegetables are soft. Blend smooth with a stand up or hand blender add extra salt and pepper to taste. Easy-peesy.