This was another party goer to Jono’s dirty 30. For as long as I’ve known him he has loved Toblerone. So when his gf Nikki and I were discussing cake options we settled on apple pie cheesecake or Toblerone. We chose the later obviously and my plan was to make mini versions using oreos as the bottom but I couldn’t find enough muffin cups and my oven is tiny-weeny. We had shopped all day and I was going to experiment using cake trays. Now I know this is not how they tell you to do it, mostly for display reasons but I was stuck. They ended up turning out great, the bottom was a little thicker than I would normally like and I feel if you had more time to cook these the batter would be better suited to one giant cheese cake. If you decide to make one in a large spring form bring the crust up the sides of the pan, as it will need to cook about 10-15 minutes longer. This makes 2×9″ cheesecakes with a 1/2″ bottom and a 1+1/2″ cheesecake. If you make just one cut the crust ingredients in half, leave the cheesecake portion as is.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted (half this amount for 1 cheesecake)
- 3 cups of Oreo cookie crumbs (half this amount for 1 cheesecake)
- 3 pkgs cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup of 10% (or higher) cream
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 free range eggs
- butterscotch or dark chocolate ice cream toppping
- 1 (400 gram) Toblerone bar, coarsely chopped
Pre-heat oven to 350 F.