So about that dinner party in my last post. The plan for me was to make eggplant parmesan, fettucine Alfredo and obviously garlic bread. The plan kinda fell apart on my end with the lack of eggplant in the city but the garlic bread definitely made up for the lack of eggparm. I have been dying to try a recipe I saw on The Pioneer Woman’s website for Garlic Cheese Bread because it uses some of my favourite ingredients butter and mayo and cheese. I know it sounds absolutely over the top but it was wayyy worth it. I want to preface this post with when I make garlic bread I usually mix salted butter with olive oil which is a little more heart healthy but dinner parties aren’t always about being healthy, actually they are rarely about being healthy, so try this and enjoy it.
Garlic and Herb Cheese Bread
Adapted from Ree Drummond’s recipe on The Pioneer Woman’s website.
- 1 loaf of bakery French bread (not baguette)
- 1/3 cup of salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup of real mayonnaise I used Hellmann’s Olive Oil version
- 2-3 cloves of garlic grated
- 2-3 tbs of a mix of fresh herbs (I used sage, chives and basil from my garden)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/3 cup of asiago or parmesan
- 1-1+1/2 cups of a mix of grated mozzarella and cheddar cheeses